A cell is the smallest structural and functional unit of an organism, typically microscopic and consisting of cytoplasm and a nucleus enclosed in a membrane. Microscopic organisms typically consist of a single cell, which is either eukaryotic or prokaryotic.
The difference between plant and animal cells
- Although, the overall function of the cell is the same, there are some important differences between animal and plant cells. The firstdifference is that plant cells have an organelle called chloroplast. Chloroplasts contain a pigment called chlorophyll (which gives the plantits green color). animal cells do not have a cell wall or chloroplasts but plant cells do.
chloroplasts allow plants to capture the energy of the Sun in energy-rich molecules; cell walls allow plants to have rigid structures as varied as wood trunks and supple leaves; and vacuoles allow plant cells to change size.
- Your nervous system contains millions of nerve cells, called neurons. Neurons are highly specialised to transmit messages from one part of your body to another. All neurons have a cell body and one or more fibres.
- Muscle cells contain protein filaments of actin and myosin that slide past one another, producing a contraction that changes both the length and the shape of the cell. Muscles function to produce force and motion.
- One function of the osteocyte might be the remodeling of the bone through growths of new arms on the cell. It is also known that osteocytes can secrete growth factors which activate lining cells or stimulate osteoblasts.
Central vacuoles are very versatile and can serve numerous important functions in the cellsof plants. Central vacuoles are large containers. In this sense, they can be used to contain cellular waste and to isolate materials that may be harmful to the cell.
- of or relating to the circulation of blood or sap.
- of, relating to, or affecting respiration or the organs of respiration.
- of or relating to the process of digesting food
this paramecium is related to the other plant and animal cells because it got some of the same organisms in the cells like the nucleus and the valcuole and the cytoplasm