Shakespeare Journal/Blog Project
Congratulations, You are now cast as a character of William Shakespeare's most read play "The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet". You are, however, not going to be acting in the play, you are going to be blogging about your character and their reactions to the situations that take place around you in the play.
1. You are required to write a 200-word blog/journal entry for you character for each Act of the play.
2. There are 5 Acts so you will have 5 separate entries.
3. The blogs should reflect what is going on in the Act and the city around you. Even if your character is not in the Act you will have "heard" what is going on in the city around you and your writing will reflect that.
4. You must write in the voice of your selected character although you do not have to write in Shakespearean English. i.e. Romeo will speak as a young man in love, Tybalt as an angry young man, etc.
5. The project will be due Friday May 29th. It would be a good idea to do each blog entry as we finish the Act.
6. Your character will be chosen for you, don't beg, don't bribe. There were only men on Shakespeare's stage, you can handle playing any part you get.
7. You will also need to comment on 2 blogs per Act. You will comment on them in character as well. These comments need not be more than 50 words each.