2. Developing what should be done to answer the Exam Question*
*The Exam Question is that question that best describes the challenge or opportunity and for which strategy or plans need to be built.
The Development Framework contains 8 Modules. The following order explains the sequence within which we start to understand the context, the current reality
The 8 Modules In Detail
Scroll or click through each of the modules below to get a sense of the structured logic. Think of them as interconnected conversations between the team - with no outcome or bias in mind. There are many supplementary elements to this but this framework gets us to consider the baseline and from there we can build.
- The Purpose - What is the Strategic Outcome?
- The Critical Success Factors - What Measures and Metrics would signal we were achieving Number One above?
- The Dynamics - What are the clues and insights in the Current Reality?
- Vision Of The Future - What is the Future Vision that visually represents the Strategic Outcome?
- The Critical Imperatives - What are the Business Imperatives that will remove the issues in the Current Reality and ensure we realise the Vision?
- The Strategic Themes - What are the strategies and initiatives that will deliver the Measures and Metrics and Outcome above?
- Organisational Alignment - What is the required Operating Model or Organization?
- Horizon Mapping - What is the roadmap in order to get there?