Math Vocabulary Words
1st 9 weeks
1. addition: bringing two or more numbers together to make a new total.
2. subtraction: taking away one number from a total amount.
3. total: the result of adding all numbers together.
4. equal: exactly the same amount.
5. place value: it tells you who much the number is worth.
6. addend: any numbers that are added together.
7.subtrahend: any number that is going to be subtracted. Its the second number.
8. sum: the answer when adding
9. difference: the answer when subtracting. It tells how much the numbers are different.
10. Math: the study of numbers, and patterns
11. Number Line: A line with numbers placed in their correct position.
12. Greater Than: Bigger than the other number. >>>>>
13. Less Than: Smaller than the other number. <<<<<
14. Cent: The smallest money value in Ameria.
15. Dollar: Al dollar is a type of money. Many countries have named their money the dollar, such as the U.S., Canada, and Australia. 100 cent is $1.00
This is the sign for a dollar -----> $