Digital Citizenship for Parents
Peel Parent Numeracy Conference
Slides from today
Digital Citizenship has many elements. Mike Ribble outlines 9 elements of good digital citizens:
- Digital Access
- Digital Commerce
- Digital Communication
- Digital Litearcy
- Digital Etiquette
- Digital Law
- Digital Rights & Responsibilities
- Digital Health & Wellness
- Digital Security
As we explore the use of BYOD in the classroom in Peel, we have also explored understanding as a learning community. For more information on codes of conducts and policies please CLICK HERE.
- Want to start a conversation at home? Start with these family media agreements from common sense media available for students in all grades.
- Not sure what that new app they downloaded is? Do a search on common sense media's app review to find out more.
- Want to build your own knowledge on Internet terminology and safety? Check out the The Door That's Not Locked parent page.
- Cyberbullying resources for parents from the Canadian government.
- Ideas to start exploring together as a family: Edutopia's Parent's Guide to 21st Century Teaching and Learning