Potential Choices & Decisions to Consider
- Why do you want to make digital portfolios?
- Will you start large or small?
- Will you enlist the cooperation of your colleagues?
- Will this be a requirement or an extra project?
- Will your digital portfolios be public or private?
Critical Thinking &
in Digital Portfolio Creation
- Uploading & Downloading
- Taking Digital Photos
- Importing & Exporting
- Creating a Screen Capture
- Creating a Video
- Creating an Audio File
- Digital Citizenship & Safety Lessons
Who Should Create
Anyone with a set of accomplishments, learning, or body of work to share!
What are some elements that can be included in a digital portfolio?
- Scanned documents
- Digital Documents
- Photos of students engaged in an activity
- Photos of students on a field trip
- Photo of students at a school event
- Photos of student work
- Photos of student artwork
Blog or Other Publications
How To Put It All Together?
Google Sites is a FREE website creation program that is part of the Google Apps for Education suite of programs. You can start a new Google Site by typing: sites.google.com into your web browser when you are logged into your Google account.
To note: There is a learning curve with Google Sites. It is probably the most robust of the applications shared in this presentation.
Be sure students are writing reflection statements about their artifacts of learning. Have student finish the following prompts:
- I am proud of this work because...
- When I started this project, I didn't realized...
- I found this project challenging because...
- I found this essay fun to write because...
- When we were on this field trip, I learned...
- Our school organized this event because.... At that event, I learned...
- This artifact of my learning demonstrates growth because...