Credit Recovery Course Syllabus
2014 - 15 Little Elm High School
Course Title: e2020 Credit Recovery
Teacher Name: Mrs. Carothers
Room #: 5120 (Black Box Theatre)
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone #: 972.292.1840 x25120
Little Elm High School offers students the opportunity to recover credit for previously failed courses by enrolling them into the e2020 Credit Recovery course. This course provides individualized online content delivery with teacher support, allowing students to recover up to 3 semester credits within one semester. Students may work at their own pace, however, the online system provides a time management tool with a recommended daily completion percentage. Within the online course, students will complete instructional videos, vocabulary, practice assignments, essays, labs, projects, quizzes, test reviews, tests and a final exam.
Goal for the Class
This course is intended to allow students to catch up on lost credits by completing the course online.
Students should bring their laptop, charger, and headphones to class daily.
Students who complete 100% of the course with a passing grade of 70 or higher will regain the credit for that course which will show on their transcript as a 70. Parents may have access to a report of the student’s progress via email on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule. Parents, please insure your contact information is current.
Classroom Procedures and Expectations
- Students are expected to arrive to class on time with their required materials.
- Students are expected to make steady progress toward course completion.
- Students are expected to stay on task throughout the class period.
- Students will complete testing during the class period under the supervision of the teacher.
- Students will hand in their cell phone when attempting the test or retest.
- Students will be allowed one test retake for any test they fail.
- There is no retest opportunity on the final exam.
- Students caught cheating will receive a zero on the assignment or test on which they were working.
- Persistent cheating will cause the student to lose the opportunity to regain the credit.