Prickly Pear Fruit













Rain (when it happens)

Carrying Capacity and Changes in Population

Carrying capacity is the largest number of individuals one species that an environment can support.

Resources Needed to Survive

The Change Over Years

If some resources are not available the population can either decrease or increase. For example: If the fox population is low the rabbit population will rise and if the rabbit population is low the fox will start to die.

Limiting Factors

Limiting factors are any factor or condition that limits the growth of a population in an ecosystem.

Predator Prey Relationship

If the Snowshoe hare dies off the Lynx will soon die off, if the Snowshoe Hare population drastically increases then the Lynx will also increase.

Energy Roles

The sun gives radiant energy to the producers, then it's transformed into chemical energy and passed onto the primary consumers, then it's transformed into mechanical energy which is passed onto the secondary consumers, finally it's transformed into thermal energy and passed onto the tertiary consumers.

Receiving Energy From Prey

Each animal recieves 10% of the energy from the prey the other 90% is used to carry out life functions.


Producers are important because it passes off the first dose of radiant energy and they start the whole cycle.

Food Chains and Food Webs

Food webs show all possible outcomes of energy for an ecosystem while food chains only show one possible way.

Removing Populations

If you took out first level producers then second and so on producers will begin to die off.

Resources Needed To Survive

Food, water, shelter, and space.

Trophic Levels

The first level of the energy pyramid is the producer's level which has 1,000 kcals, then the second level is the primary consumers level which has 100 kcals, the next level is the secondary consumers which has 10 kcals, and then the last level is the tertiary consumers which has 1 kcal.

Why it's Triangular

An energy pyramid is a pyramid because it shows how the kcals get lower and lower as you go up the pyramid.

Tertiary Consumers and Producers

The tertiary section is smaller section because, there are less tertiary predators than consumers.

Chemical Equation for Photosynthesis


What's Required for Photosynthesis

Photosynthesis requires sun, water, and carbon dioxide. Its' waste is oxygen and it produces glucose.


The turning of all or part of an organism in a particular direction in response to an external stimulus such as, Phototropism, Thigmatropism, Hydrotropism, etc.

Tropisms help the ecosystem by allowing plants to get sunlight and water.


Decomposers are very important to the ecosystem because, they break down the nutrients from dead organisms and put the nutrients back into the soil. If we did not have all of the decomposers, all dead organisms would pile up everywhere and every thing would start to die off.

Decomposers in the Desert

The main decomposers are worms, beetles, centipedes, and ants.


Adaptions are used to keep organisms to stay alive. They help letting things like cacti go without water for long periods of time.

Effects of Different Environments

If you put a tortoise in the arctic it would die very soon because, it has no cold resistance.

Natural Selection

Natural Selection is a process which heritable biological traits become either more or less showing in a population as a function of the effect of inherited traits on the differential reproductive success of organisms interacting with their own environment, this is a key mechanism of survival.

Natural Selection in Organisms

For example if you had a brown and green lizard in the desert the green lizard will probably end up dying off and after a couple years the brown lizard will be the dominant color in the ecosystem.

Comment Stream

View Older Posts
2 years ago

@alannatran Thanks

2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago

Nice tack bro👍👍👍👍

2 years ago

@garrettmartin thanks bro 💯👌💩👍👍

2 years ago

Try and be a little more specific with the abiotic factors. I love the picture of the tortise eating the cactus fruit!

2 years ago

I like your tackk you just need to say whether its plants or animals but nice! 👌

2 years ago

add more details

2 years ago