Year 7 Full Time & Fast Track
Starter Activity - Look at the books below.
- Do you recognise (know) any of the people on the covers?
- What kinds of books are they?
- Have your ever read this kind of book?
- Talk to the person next to you.
Only read the passage you have been assigned to.
Passage A: Alvin, Esther, Aoi, Yu, Daniel, Minami, Eloise, Christine, Toni, and Hide.
Passage B: Hanna, Arshi, Adrien, Paul, Emeline, Ema, Louis, Taeyeong, Heeseo, and Rin.
Firstly, skim read to get the main idea.
Secondly, check any words you are uncertain about (use your dictionary).
Thirdly look at the information in the table on Google Classroom. What do you need to add?
Finally, scan read to get the details and information you need to complete the table.
Lesson Two: Tuesday 10th Feb
- You should have completed your half of the table in the Googledoc.
- This should only be for the passage you have read.
Activity One: In pairs
- Find someone who read the different passage from you.
- Talk together about what you learnt about the writer and the culture they grew up in.
- Complete the rest of the table.
Activity Two: In pairs
Activity Three: In pairs
Activity Four: Independent
- Look again at the passage you first read.
- Is it written from the perspective of the writer?
- How do you know? Which pronoun is used the most?