FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WITH HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3/325ºF. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
- Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped walnuts. Turn into a 24 cm / 9 inch square baking tin or, most sensibly, use a foil one.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey. Once cooler, cut carefully, four down, four across, into 16 squidgy-bellied squares.
For the sauce:
- Break up the chocolate and put into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Dissolve the instant espresso powder in the water and add this, along with the remaining ingredients into the saucepan, then place the pan over a gentle heat and let everything melt together.
- Once everything has melted, stir well, take off t
for the brownies
- 225 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 225 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 150 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams chopped walnuts
for the hot chocolate sauce
- 75 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 125 ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons water