Reminders, Ideas, and Thoughts to Ponder...
Find your happy place...
1. Thank you to Lauren Nye and Heather Reynolds for helping greet candidates late into the evening at the job fair on Tuesday!
2. Mark your calendars for brief faculty meeting followed by STAAR training (for all 3rd-5th grade teachers and small group test administrators) next Wednesday, April 15th.
3. Click here for 100 motivational quotes that will inspire success!
4. "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~Anonymous
5. "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." ~Zig Ziglar
6. "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. "~Mark Twain
7. Please don't forget your TSR part 2 and or LEADS part 2 is due next Friday, April 17th.
***I heard the 3rd-5th grade teachers have several dances and skits prepared for the pep rally- cannot wait to see you all in action! :)
***Seen and Heard- Student Voice and Choice Edition!***
- 3rd graders having a choice in how they will respond to reading (digital story telling, slideshows, Animoto, readers theater, etc.)
- 5th grade scientists engaged in a healthy debate over question about life cycles. Students were overheard saying... "I agree with you then you say..., "I respectfully disagree with you ..."
-Students in Ferguson's Technology Scene Investigators Club were provided voice and choice in their learning topic as well as choice in the vehicle in which they will demonstrate evidence of their learning. Talk about engagement and excitement!
- 5th grade readers engaged in www.classroom.Google.com which provided them a platform to work in a self directed manner on menu of topics of high interest. Interested in learning more - see Lee Glover and Sooz Williams!
- Click here for an article related to ways to integrate more student voice and choice, which coincidentally is tied to students' motivation.
Challenge: Try providing choice in how students will access content or new knowledge... would LOVE to know how this goes! Want some ideas- let's talk!