Bennett Jones Lawyers and Advisors Group: Christian P. Gauthier
Christian Gauthier (Capital Markets and M&A Lawyer at Bennett Jones Vancouver and Toronto) advises local and international clients on mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance and securities law matters. He assists acquirors, target companies, and venture and private equity funds with the acquisition and sale of public and private entities (including by way of take-over bid, arrangements, amalgamations and asset transfers), initial and secondary public offerings of debt and equity, private placements, joint-ventures, reorganizations, restructurings, and proxy battles in the energy, mining, technology, media & telecom, financial, real estate, retail and other industries.
Christian recently acted as the principal M&A/securities lawyer on the following transactions:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- VimpelCom Ltd.'s (NASDAQ: VIP) extensive auction process and $300 million cross border disposition of its debt and equity interests in the Globalive group of companies (WIND Mobile Canada) to a consortium of buyers led by West Face Capital Inc. and Tennenbaum Capital Partners
- Precision Castparts Corp.'s (NYSE:PCC) $300 million cross border acquisition of Aerostructure and Industrial Products from Héroux-Devtek
- The shareholders of Bermuda Telecom Company in connection with its sale to the Digicel Group for an undisclosed amount
- Royal Host Inc.'s (TSX:RYL) acquisition by Holloway Lodging Corporation by way of plan of arrangement in a transaction valued at approximately $157 million on an enterprise value basis
- Precision Castparts Corp.'s (NYSE:PCC) cross border acquisition of all of the outstanding securities of Centra Industries Inc.
- General Donlee Canada Inc.'s (TSX:GDI) strategic review and $113 million cross border sale to Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI) under a plan of arrangement
- Clarke Inc.'s (TSX:CKI) $100 million sale of its truckload, less-than-truckload and freight logistics businesses to TransForce Inc. (TSX: TFI)
- Ontario Teachers Pension Plan's sale of Nexcap Corporation to Element Financial
- Meridian Credit Union's amalgamation with Desjardins Credit Union to form Ontario's largest credit union with $8 billion in assets under management
- The Catalyst Group Inc.'s and Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited's US$1.5 billion restructuring of Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Inc.
- TerraVest Capital Inc.'s (TSX:TVK) $54 million acquisition of Gestion Jerico Inc., a Quebec-based commercial and residential tank manufacturing company
- TerraVest Capital Inc.'s acquisition of NWP Industries Inc., a manufacturer of high-quality oil & gas processing equipment based in Western Canada