BY Emily Hendricks
Future Warrior systems and Wired Soldiers ( Synonyms)- Soldiers who utilize IT systems to improve function in training and on the battlefield. This is and advantage over the enemy and a way to do things quicker and more efficiently, such as training and communication.
Countries invested in these systems:
- South Africa
Screens or small portable computers are placed in a visible location on the soldier's helmets and display the following information:
- location of allies and friendly forces
- known enemy positions
- locations and commands of military objectives
**These pieces of hardware must be extremely durable**
Augmented Reality may also be used to overlay data on the surrounding environment providing information and helpful insight without the soldier getting distracted.
Screens may also be placed on a soldier's weapon so that they may shoot around corners and see their target without exposing their bodies to the enemy.
What It Will Do
- It will reduce the danger soldiers face from entering unknown situations.
- It will increase effectiveness.
- Greater situational awareness will reduce the accidental death or killing of an ally or someone ( known as "friendly fire") on their team because the system will allow soldiers to tell the difference between enemy and friend.
- It will monitor a soldier's condition-with a built in GPS people at the head base will be able to identify the location of the soldier.
- Heart rate monitor will determine if the soldier is dead or alive
- Stress monitor will determine if the situation is worth sending help for
- Health status- determine if the soldier needs medical attention or not
- Provide alerts if soldier is not moving for a long period of time