Mental Illness Awareness
Mood Disorders: Depression
- What is the characterization or definition of your mental illness?
Depression is something which causes the one affected to doubt oneself and truly believe the world is over and they're worth nothing.
- How many people are affected by your mental illness?
Globally more than 350 Million people of all ages suffer from depression
- How can someone tell if they have your mental illness?
Anger or irritability
Loss of Energy
- What treatments exist to treat your mental illness?
Currently to treat this mental illness medicines exist as well as therapy and counseling.
- How can people get help for the treatment of your mental illness?
Depression is something that makes you feel like you're the only one in a dying world so the first thing one must do to get treated is find help in a friend or family member to build upon the confidence and realizations of the patients reality. Then they can begin the search for a good counselor, attend a check up with their physician so on and so forth.
- What resources are available to help gain knowledge about your mental illness?
There are countless websites online if you just Google depression. Therapists and specialists at local hospitals are a good option. However you could also go to the library and believe it or not, someone as close as to you as your mother, father, brother or sister most likely once in their life felt depressed so they too could even give you insight on this incredibly common but dangerous as any other, mental illness.