Oh, good greens!
A feel-great, deliciously green smoothie recipe.
It is easy being green.
Nothing beats that bad feeling with a vitamin-packed punch to the gut! Whether you're recovering from a rough weekend, sickness or just Monday, try this easy-to-make smoothie that's packed with all the nutrients to get you back on your feet.
Ingredients (makes 5 servings):
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cleaned and firmly packed
- 1 cup kale, chopped, cleaned and firmly packed
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups ice
What to do with them:
- Put ingredients in blender and process on low for 15 seconds.
- Shake pitcher or mix to loosen ingredients, if stiff.
- Process in blender on medium and then on high speed until ingredients are smoothly blended.
- Drink, enjoy and feel great!