No time to cook eggs in the morning? Just grab and go!
Eggs are one of the most versatile breakfast foods, but few of us can spare the time to cook them in the morning. These eggs muffins are designed to be cooked ahead of time, then grabbed on the go. Egg muffins will keep one week in the refrigerator. Microwave 30 seconds to reheat. Yields 12 muffins.
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage (pork or turkey)
- 4 oz. frozen chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 paper muffin wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink.
3. Microwave frozen broccoli florets in a safe bowl until thawed. Approximately 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Line muffin tin with paper wrappers. If using silicone muffin cups, place cups on a baking sheet lined with foil (to catch any egg overflow and making clean-up much easier!).
5. In a large bowl, combine sausage, broccoli and cheese. Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3. Leave room to add the egg mixture.
6. Using a bowl with a pour spout, beat eggs. Add salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Be careful to leave 1/4 inch at the top.
7. Bake 25 minutes or until muffins have risen and are firm.
Instead of Italian sausage, try diced bacon, Canadian bacon, ham, chorizo or crumbled breakfast sausage. You can also use other veggies, such as diced red peppers, spinach, zucchini and mushrooms. Mix and match at will.
Recipe by Sue Gurney. Be sure to share it on your Facebook timeline, Pin or Tweet it! Join us for healthy alternatives and weight loss support at Simply The Best You...Healthy and Happy.