“Treating others with fairness and dignity is the “rain” that helps them to grow and be fruitful.“
Week of 4.24.2017
- EARLY VOTING BEGINS AT CLI FOR THE 2017 BOND! 7am-7pm (Early voting will be on our campus until May 2nd, closed Sunday April 30th)
- PTA general meeting in the CLI commons @6pm, officer elections
- 8th grade dance information meeting immediately following the general PTA meeting
- Art Gala, 5:30pm in the commons
- Book Fair, 5pm
- Soccer, boys and girls, girls game starts at 4:45pm followed by the boys.
- LAKE Freshman Football Parent information night on Thursday April 27th at 7:00 pm. The location of the meeting will be in the CLHS 9th grade center commons area. Topics to be discussed are general policies of football, summer workouts, football camp, 2 a day practice schedule and related topics. I encourage everyone to come out for this informational meeting as I can understand that there may be many questions as your 8th graders make the jump to High School. I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!- Coach Larry McRae, Head Football Coach and Campus Coordinator
- Early release @1pm
**********Summer school information is available in the guidance office.*************
STAAR scores (8th grade)
The Texas Education Agency has made the decision to not release paper versions of the Confidential Student Reports (CSRs) until June 30th. You may access your child’s March STAAR grade 8 results electronically through Skyward Family Access. Log into your Skyward Family Access account and click on the Online Forms tab. Follow the instructions provided in the form. If you have questions, contact our office.
CCISD Parent Survey
What's going on around campus?
Notes from the Nurse
All incoming 7th grade students are required to show proof of the following immunizations: Tdap (less that 5 years old) and Meningococcal (given ion or after the age of 11.) Texas Immunization Law requires you to provide written proof of immunizations to your school which includes dates of immunizations and must be signed by a physician or health clinic. Failure to provide this information by the first day of school can result in your child being excluded from school per Texas Law.
"Show your Wings" are $10 and if students wear them to any CLI game they get in for free! See Coach Watkins (208) or Coach Brockmyre (217) to purchase one.
Follow us on Twitter!
Dates to Remember
April 24- PTA General meeting @6pm, officer elections!
April 24- 8th grade dance information meeting immediately following the general PTA meeting. We will discuss volunteer opportunities at this meeting.
April 25- Art Gala 5:30pm-8pm
April 28- Early Release @1pm
May 2- TESTING- STAAR Algebra I
May 4- TESTING- STAAR Biology
May 5- Verification sheets due to campus. Last opportunity for changes! (including the coach approved athletics classes and teacher approved fine arts classes)
May 8- TESTING- STAAR 6th and 7th grade Math, 8th grade retest Math
May 9- TESTING- STAAR 6th and 7th grade Reading, 8th grade retest Reading
May 10- TESTING- STAAR 8th grade Science
May 11- TESTING- STAAR 8th grade Social Studies
May 17- 7th grade pizza lunch
May 17- 8th grade field trip
May 19- 8th Grade Dance- dresscode for the dance
May 22- NJHS inductions ceremony @6:30pmMay 24-31- Semester Exams
May 23- CLI Awards Ceremony @6:30pm
May 29- Holiday, no school
June 1- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! Early Release @1pm
We will continue to update this list each week.
Links to Keep
15545 El Camino Real, Houston, TX 77062 281.284.3200