Kale and Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1 24 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 fresh sage leaves, minced
- Olive oil
- 4 stalks of fresh celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. In a large pot over a medium-high heat, sauté chopped onions, celery, and shallots with some olive oil for five minutes.
2. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, minced sage and sea salt. Sauté for another couple of minutes. Add cannellini beans and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour cooked diced tomatoes and bring to a low boil. Add chicken broth and cook for 20 minutes, covered.
4. Next, add chopped kale and bring pot to a simmer over a low heat for another 20 minutes.
Serve with Parmesan cheese shavings (Image shows soup served with gruyere cheese) and a slice of baguette for dipping.