Biotic factor in the Amazon Rainforest :
Red-Eyed tree frog
Blue Morpho butterfly(Morpho butterfly)
Abiotic Factors in the Amazon rainforest :
Carrying capacity and changes populations
- One of the most main topics of how a population survive,is carrying capacity.Carrying capacity is of a biological species in a environment and , how it can sustain food,water,shelter,and space
- A population can't survive without resources, resources change over time.Sometimes a population of species is so high that they run out of resources, and finally the population starts to die.[ for example this population of jaguars below]
Limiting factors and predator/prey relationship
- One the Amazon Rainforest limiting factors are the trees that makes 75% of the earths oxygen. If humans keep cutting down the trees,this specific ecosystem will be destroyed.
- Anacondas' diets consist of rodents, fish, turtles, and even larger mammals [if the animal is large enough]
- Energy roles determine by how organisms gains energy. It starts with the bromelaid trees,then the small or little insects,nexts is the frogs and snake that in the end feed the owl or hawk
- Bromelaids trees get there energy from the sun of course. The little or small insects eats at the tree .Then the small insects which turns to feed frogs an snakes. Finally the snakes and frogs feed the owl
- A ecosystem can't survive without producers because producers are primary. Also because producers feed the primary consumers; which also feed 2nd level consumers an so on
Food Chains and Food webs
- Food webs are more realistic because they show more than one predator/prey relationships options for the Amazon Rainforest and in other ecosystems
- If we removed the jaguar population then, it would affect the tapir and the golden lion tamarin because they wouldn't have been eaten by the jaguar. They would start to produce more offspring an decrease the resources.
Trophic levels and Energy pyramids
- A food pyramid is the shape of the pyramid, because it shows the higher the trophic level the less of that population of a organism, you can also say that energy supplies gets smaller the higher the level. If it was a different shape it wouldn't show the energy supplies getting smaller.
- Producers are the base of the food pyramid because they provide their own food, and producers start the flow of energy.Top predators are in the smallest level because they receive least amount of energy;also, because the are near the final level.
- The chemical equation for photosynthesis is 6H2O+6CO2------->C6H12O6+6O2
- The photosynthesis process 1st starts with sunlight to create radiant energy,also carbon dioxide from animals and finally water. For plants to create photosynthesis they need these elements to make their own a "food" known as Glucose.Glucose is made up of sugar and water.
- Photosynthesis takes places within a plant cell that contains chlorophyll,which has the ability to convert radiant energy for the sun to chemical energy
- Tropisms are the turning bending movement of a organism towards or away from a external stimulus.Well, geotropism is a growth response to gravity also phototropism is a growth response to unidirectional light
- Since plants can't move around,they can grow in different directions to seek resources they need to survive.Such as tropism allow plants to get water and sunlight
Role of Decomposers
Decomposer breakdown materials in a ecosystem and recycles the decomposed organism
Some types of decomposers in the Amazon Rainforest are termites,fungi,leaf beetles
- Adaptations help organisms adapt to their environment , such as changing to the climate,resources
- Placing a jaguar from the Amazon rainforest ecosystem into a ocean ecosystem would make the jaguar die,because it wouldn't have the oxygen to breathe. Also adding on to not being in the right ecosystem it couldn't be able to reproduce.
- Natural selection is how populations change depending on the resources given by the environment.It's important for organism to have natural selection because they learn to interact with their resources.
- Jaguars are naturally selected by having develope strong arms/legs to climb. Also, has a powerful jaws to grip their preys. The environment change the population by giving other organism energy to live and feed the jaguars