A Very edible Holiday Contest
Share your holiday flavor, win delectable prizes.
Isn't it just the most edible time of the year? We'd like to know what's on your table this season (bonus points for local ingredients!). Dish your holiday eats and you could win some seriously delicious prizes.
- Visit the Edible Cleveland Tackkboard to get a taste of what's cooking this holiday season.
- Take a picture in your kitchen, at your table, the office holiday party or the grocery store demo. Pick a dish you'd like to share, a course or the full menu (see these examples). Then start tackking!
- Click the + on the board to create your own Edible Cleveland Tackk. It's super simple: create a new Tackk, add your photo, the name of the dish and something about it (i.e., where you ate it, who made it or how).
- Get creative. No rules about what your Tackk can include. Give your menu or dish a name. "Mary's Christmas Feast" or "Chevre with cherries" is fine. Mention any local ingredients and where you'd get them. Like this.
- Be sure it's tagged "Edible Cleveland." Tags are located at the bottom of your Tackk content section.
- Click FINISH and share it! Select your Tackk's colors, fonts, background, click the blue "FINISH" button and then share it on your social networks. And that's it. You're entered. (Read rules for entering below.)
We're collecting some great prizes from our community partners to help you celebrate your holidays with the perfect ingredients, including:
Rules + Dates:
- While you don't need to create a Tackk account to participate, you do need to have an account to enter the contest and win! (We need to be able to contact you!) Accounts are free and minimal to set up. Just click the "Sign Up" button on the right to get started.
- You're allowed to be as traditional or nontraditional with your holiday menus as you are at home. But, like we said, incorporating local ingredients (while not required) gets you bonus points in our book. Don't want to plan a whole meal--well then don't. Just share some tasty side dishes or favorite cookie recipes.
- The contest begins Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, and runs through Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013. Winners will be announced on Monday, Dec. 23, 2013.