Genes

             #TackkThursday #Heredity    By:Cierra Eagleburger

In the Punnett Square shown down below the two genotypes shown is the little "G" and the big "G".

The possible genes you can get are: GG,Gg,Gg,gg. (G=green flowers)(g=Yellow flowers) they flower can be either Green or Yellow, therefore the probabilaty of the flower being green is 75% chance, while being yellow is a 25% chance. Two homozygous outcomes, and two heterozygous. Sexual reporduction is two parents splitting their genes to their kid(s), and asexual is when one parent gives their genes to their kid(s).

Adaptation- the action or process of adapting or being adapted.

Evolution- the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

Species- a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g., Homo sapies.                        Gene- (in informal use) a unit of heredity that is transferred from a parent to offspring and is held to determine some characteristic of the offspring.

Genetic-of or relating to genes or heredity.

Sexual Reproduction- the production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types (sexes). In most higher organisms, one sex (male) produces a small motile gamete that travels to fuse with a larger stationary gamete produced by the other (female).  

Asexual Reproduction-Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which almost never involves ploidy or reduction.

Survival Value Of Genetic Variation-All living organisms carry a genetic blueprint. This is so regardless of whether they are plants, animals, or fungi, whether they are short- or long-lived, and whether they reproduce sexually or clonally. Therefore, to the extent that restoration deals with living organisms, genetics are part of the picture.

  PICTURES   THAT  DESCRIBED                                OUR     LEARNING