Jesse Woodson James
Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Eoin C.
Jesse James was born on September 5, 1847 in Kearney, MO and died in April 3, 1882, at Saint Joseph, MO.
Significant Events in History that Affected Jesse's Life
- Civil War
- Assassination of Abe Lincoln
Not much is know about Jesse's childhood and his life was written about many times. When Jesse was eight his mother married for the third time. In 1863, the James farm was attack by Union soldiers. Jesse and his brother Frank James became guerrilla soldiers at the age 16.
People Who Influenced Jesse's Life
- His father influenced him to join the military and to become a guerrilla fighter.
- William T. Anderson or "Bloody Bill" to be an outlaw.
- Before he even became an outlaw, Jesse was shot in the chest.
- His own pistol was used to kill him while he was cleaning his house.
- Robbed the bank of Gallatin, Croydon, Northfield, and caught cash shipments on the move.
- Stole more than $67,000.
The theme of Jesse's life was...
- Crime is not a good path in life. There are many consequences that you would have to face, and also the many dangers.
- Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.
- Crimes Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2015.
- Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
- "Jesse James - Folklore Hero or Cold Blooded Killer?" Jesse James - Folklore Hero or Cold Blooded Killer? N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2015.