World Cultures Project
Created By: Ethan Therrien
This is Norway. Its a country in Europe located near Sweden. The capital is Oslo.
- The average family consists of a mother, father, and two children.
- Kids take part in simple tasks like cleaning dishes or the table after a meal. They do this to earn allowance (ukelonn, or weekly wage) in exchange.
- After children turn 18, they are considered adults, and parents have no legal obligation to help them.
A typical Norwegian family house.
- Norway is a constitutional monarchy, with the monarch serving as head of state. The monarchy is also head of military, but has limited authority.
- Parliament has only one house, with 169 seats.
- Supreme Court of Norway is the highest court.
Norwegian Parliament building in Norway.
A Norwegian Redevelopment project issued by, The Government
- Schooling is free for people in between 6 and 16 years of age.
- Norway's educational system is one of the best in the world.
- Teachers encourage their students to do well in school.
Norwegian schoolhouse. Located in Norway.
A Norwegian work space. As you can see, its snowing outside, which suggests that Norway is very cold.
This is the University of Oslo.
- Oslo, the Capital of Norway and the largest city there, has 600,000 people living there.
- Bergen. the second largest city in Norway, has 250,000 people living there.
- There is a tribe of Native Sami that has 60,000 tribe people.
This is a neighborhood in Oslo, the Capital of Norway.
- A few of Norwegians foods are meat and fish.
- They also eat potatoes and other vegetables.
- They like soup a lot.
These are Marzipan Cakes, a popular cake in Norway.
Principle 4 relates to my country because the fact that they eat cake is seen, but their religion is unseen.
Principle 3 relates to my country because kids learn from their parents to thank the person who prepared the meal before they leave the table.
Thanks guys for watching my presentation, hope you enjoyed it!
Family Image: Typical House. 2007. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Government Image: Redevelopment Project. 2012. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Knowledge Image: University of Oslo. 2007. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 5 Jun 2015.
Population Image:Oslo Neighborhood. 2007. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 10 Jun 2015.
Yum Image:Marzipan Cakes. 2007. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 10 Jun 2015.