My 7th Grade Experience
By: Valentino Carriero
Top 10 Moments
1. Camp- Most fun experience about 7th grade. You play games and have activities everyday after breakfast and after lunch. The meals are amazing and the activities are fun. It was fun hanging with some of my best friends that whole week. We had an amazing counselor, Cole Cannon, he was fun to talk too. The best activity at camp was capture the flag, it was fun to wear camouflage and capture the flag, I ended up grabbing the flag to win. The meals are some what good, only some meals are amazing others not so much. In all camp was the funnest experience of seventh grade.
2. Winning states- [5-17-15] We prepared for that day for four months, starting in a gym and practicing on a parking lot. We went to Columbus to play in the division five lacrosse middle school championship or states. We won all of games and the championship against Wooster to take back the trophy to Kenston Middle School. We played on grass every game besides our championship which we played on big turf stadium. Just like my coach said,"Wouldn't want to win it with anybody else" -Grant Ditty.
3. Spring Break- Spring break is always fun every year. Last year we went to Florida, this year I spent the week at my Grandma's house with my cousin. We did tons of stuff, went ice skating, shopping, fishing, and went to West Virginia to the original Cabela's which was really fun. They have exhibits in the store of deer of America and animals of the African Plains. There was a huge fake elephant that was cool and fun to climb on!
4. Formal- Formal was really fun! We got to dress up nice and look stunning and dance to our favorite songs. There was drinks and stuff to eat. It is late night which is different from other dances. I think this is cool because instead of going right after school we go later which gives us time to get ready. The photo booth is always fun to get pictures from and there cheap so its worth the memory.
5. Winter Break- Winter break was fun, but not as fun as spring break. For Christmas I got money and clothing, we went over both my Grandmas' houses and to my Aunts. At my one Grandma's house my Grandpa dresses up as Santa each year for my little cousins whole think its the coolest thing ever to see Santa. New Year's Eve was also fun, we always go to my friends house and goof around in the basement until its time to go upstairs and count down until 2015! Winter break brought fun to me and my family.
6. Outsiders Day- One of the funnest days in the classroom! We all got to dress up like our favorite character from the book The Outsiders'. We went from each reading class and did different activities there that had to do with the book. We all got a lollipop for doing good or winning in one of the activities. We still lost in total points, Mrs. Krisfalusy's classes beat our classes in the activities by getting more points. One activity was Kahoot, a quiz on the novel, and another activity was we had to put Vaseline on our noses and move cotton balls from one basket to another. Outsiders' Day was a lot of fun to enjoy.
7. Medieval Night- This was a night for social studies! We came to school after hours and got to watch medieval warriors fight along with our teacher. We all got extra credit points for going to boost our grades up, we also got to watch one of our substitutes shoot a bow at our teacher. When they were done fighting we got to hold and touch the weapons and armor they used to fight. Some weapons were axes, swords, shields, and crossbows. We got to put on helmets and other armor.
Mr. Barr is in the red!!
8. Chuzzleswitz- Another fun day in the classroom. Mr. Kowalski dressed up as a man called Chuzzlewitz, he was fat and had an old looking face. In order to come in the room the chosen one (Caden) had to defeat a troll in order for all of us to pass! Chuzzlewitz then said he could transform his form and he turned skinny and had roller blades on. We had to complete a bunch of tasks in seven minutes for the book Anthem. We had to work together in order to succeed.
9. Peace Day- Peace Day was really fun!! The whole school got to go outside and watch the seventh grade girls' soccer team play the teachers in a friendly game. We all cheered and yelled and held up signs that said peace on them! Some teachers would miss the ball and others were really good at soccer. Peace day happens every year and we always play a soccer game and have fun!!
10. Hockey season- I had a great hockey season this year! We were coached by one of the best coaches in Ohio, Tim Alexander. We went all over the place for hockey, Missouri, Chicago, Milwaukee, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New York. We practiced Tuesday and Thursday in the fall and winter. I sometimes got to miss school for hockey because we have games on Friday in Michigan or another state. I had a good and fun hockey season this year.
Kowalski's HELA B Class
I had an amazing school year in this class! Here are some of my favorite projects and events the Kowalski put together:
Uglies Face/Face analysis- I loved this project it was fun creating both sides of the face. One side showed the good in the novel and the other side showed the bad. I love being creative which this project let me be!
Anthem- I loved reading this novella by Ayn Rand! I loved learning about the antihero, Equality, and what happens to them in the end of the novel! This novella was fun to read and I loved how it was written!
Outsiders' Day- The best day of this class! After reading the novel it was fun to have a day to relax and enjoy fun activities for the book. My favorite activity was the activity where you have Vaseline on your nose and you move cotton balls from one basket to another!
Art was fun this year, I always love it. My teacher was Mrs. Seitz, she was really fun and cool and taught us a a lot this year. We had two projects, the mandala and one point perspective project. The mandala is a circular design with all the elements and principles of art in it. The one point perspective was a room with everything popping out towards or leading back in the picture. The art show was fun as always!
Camp was the best experience of seventh grade! At camp each day you eat three meals, have four activities, then a fun activity after dinner. My favorite part about camp was the dance at the end of camp. All the eighth graders said that its fun to go to the dance for its the best finish to an awesome week, which it was. We got to dance to all our dances we learned at camp, even Thriller. My favorite activity was Camo-games, this is capture the flag in camouflage that we play in the woods. Camp was the best and my favorite experience about seventh grade!
Dances are really fun at KMS and in seventh grade. In seventh grade you get to stay longer than the sixth graders but not as long as the eighth. They play the best songs to dance too and they play two slow dance, guys pick girls, then girls pick guys, and the you cant say no! We have a winter formal every year, where you dress up formally for the dance and everyone looks amazing! There is a photographer that takes pictures at formal, you can put on crazy accessories. At all dances there is food and drinks available! Dances at KMS are fun and enjoying!