Mask Reflection Assignment
Ask yourself and/or a partner the following questions. Take notes on your conversation - either on loose paper, typed in Google Docs, or by recording your spoken answers with PhotoBooth - that I will be able to review. You MUST turn in hard copy or electronic evidence of your work during class today. This assignment WILL be graded.
- What is the Carnival event in the Dominican Republic?
- What is the purpose of the Carnival masks worn during this celebration?
- Describe the materials used when making masks in the style of Carnival Masks. (Be specific/thorough!)
- What lessons/ideas discussed by Mr. Fausto (or Ms. Wolf) during this project stuck with you most? Why?
- What has been your favorite thing about making Carnival masks?
- Describe your group's mask project. Is there a story behind its appearance? What does your mask represent?
- If you were going to make another mask project, describe the character/story you would represent with the mask -- as well as what this mask might look like.
- If you could change 3 things about the mask project, what would they be and why? (Give this feedback to help me improve this project for future art students.)
If you finish early, you may work on one of the following options:
- Free Drawing or Coloring Sheets
- Dice Drawing Games
- Zentangle Compositions
- Assignments for Other Classes
- Read a Book
- Clean up messes around the Art Room :)