Empty Chapter 10
- Hurricane Oscpearl was disrupting radio signals, so Gwen could not call Luke.
- Gwen was going into the forest to find the old mineshaft that she had explored when she was a child.
- Without warning, it started to rain and wind started to blow very hard.
- As she was looking for the mineshaft, she heard a loud crack and realized that a tree was about to fall on her. She jumped to the side at the last second, but she had dropped her bag of food.
- She looked around trying to find her bag of food, but another tree was about to fall onto her again.
- So, Gwen ran into the mineshaft.
- As the hurricane raged, Gwen was in the mineshaft crying until she was exhausted and fell asleep.
- Gwen woke up and there was no more wind or rain. She stepped out of the mine and found everything destroyed.
- She looked up and saw a blue sky, but at the edges, there were dark clouds. That was when she realized she was standing in the eye of super-hurricane Oscpearl.
What I Know
- Hurricane Oscpearl disrupted cell phone connection.
- Gwen was almost crushed and killed by falling trees.
- She had lost her food that Hector had given her.
- She found the mineshaft when the hurricane had started.
- She had cried until she fell asleep. When she woke up, it seemed like the storm was over.
- Gwen eventually found out that she was standing in the eye of the hurricane.
Scared: Gwen was scared because the wind made a howling noise in the mineshaft. Another reason is because she was in a super-hurricane.
Miserable: Gwen was miserable because she thought that no one would love her enough to look for her. Also, she was in a terrible condition. (In the middle of a super-hurricane, her house was set on fire, having no parents and the chance of the police finding out that she had been storing gasoline in her house).