Empty Chapter 12
- Niki was looking out at Lake Morrisey.
- A teenager in a jet ski was coming towards where she was standing. That teenager was Tom.
- Tom told Niki how he had got to her. Tom had arrived in Marietta on a dinghy and "borrowed" a jet ski so he can travel faster.
- Tom went to Marietta to see Niki and to get his grandfather's sloop on Tom's vacation estate.
- The sloop was in a storage shed.
- Tom and Niki got out the parts of the sloop from the storage shed.
- Tom told Niki that he found a dog named Larry.
- Niki said she was not really big on dogs, but when Tom said he liked it, Niki was suddenly worried he would like her less for not liking dogs.
- Niki had forgotten that she had her glasses on until Tom told her that she looked pretty in glasses.
- Then, Tom kissed Niki.
- Niki said she seemed to be changing into someone else.
- Then they kissed again.
What I Know
- The flood water level was five feet high.
- Niki was hungry and wasn't ready to eat a cold lunch.
- Niki was more up to date on current events than at any other time in her life.
- Tom has a vacation estate/island on Lake Morrisey.
- Tom was planning to get his grandfather's sloop back to his house with a jet ski.
Does not like dogs: Niki does not like dogs because when Tom told her that he found a dog, she said, "I'm not big on dogs."
Does not like glasses: Niki doesn't like to wear glasses because she thinks she does not look good in them.