Empty Chapter 9
- Stephy (a girl on Niki's cheerleading squad) drove Niki to her lake house in Marietta.
- Stephy was amazed at the gigantic houses.
- Stephy was afraid that she was going to run out of gas before she got home.
- Niki gave Stephy $100 to buy gas.
- Stephy received a text message saying that Sage Valley has electricity again.
- Niki went in her home and was shocked at the furniture scattered everywhere.
- She realized that her father had created this mess.
- She found her mother sitting on a couch listening to a radio.
- Niki did not feel safe because of the possibility of a super-hurricane that is predicted to invade the area.
What I Know
- Stephy is on Niki's cheerleading squad.
- Sage Valley has electricity again.
- Niki's father had wrecked the whole living room.
- Her mother said that they did not pay the bills, so their house had no electricity.
- Niki heard on the radio that there were two hurricanes that can possibly merge together to form the first ever super-hurricane.
Kind: Niki is kind because she had given Stephy $100 for free to buy gas so she can get back home.
Scared: Niki was scared because everything in her living room was broken and scattered everywhere. She also thought that something had happened to her Mom.