The Joy Luck Club
This story is about four Chinese women that came to America when they were young. It was to forget their horrible past.
It all started with one of the Chinese women named Suyuan Woo who moved to America during the Japanese and Chinese war. Through her travels in America she meets Three other Chinese woman name An-Mei Hsu, Lindo Jing, and Ying-ying ST. Clair.
In other to know these three different girls Suyuan made the "Joy Luck Club" were they sit at a table with there special made favorite foods, play Mahjong, and they would tell their life story.
They all have a darkness in their youth while they were still in china.
- Suyaun who live as wealthy woman that married an officer and gave birth to two twin girls. But durnig the war lost her family and had to leave her twin daughters in china during the the war with japan. through some years she thought they were dead...or were they.
- Lindo had to suffer through marriage to someone she didn't love in order to give her family Honor. She was able to get out of the marriage by doing a trick to lie to she wasn't the perfect wife, but was able to still keep her families honor
- An-Mei witness her mother's dead body. Her mother who lived as a concubine wanted to kill herself in order for An-Mei to have a better and free live with her brother.
- “Because sometimes that is the only way to remember what is in your bones. You must peel off your skin, and that of your mother, and her mother. Until there is nothing. No scar, no skin, no flesh.
- Ying-Ying husband was abusive and took advantage of his marriage, But,Ying-ying took something that would hurt him. she killed her son in the bathtub to get back at the man she thought she loved.