learn | collaborate | share
ISTE 4 TEACHERS
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
a. Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current
knowledge to new technologies and situations.
TECHNOLOGY LEARNING OBJECTIVE
TODAY I WILL: Learn how to use my mobile device for grading assessments
SO THAT I CAN: Increase turnaround time on returning assignments, conduct more test item-analyses to guide the course of my instruction
I WILL KNOW THAT I CAN DO IT WHEN: I upload my first class, print out answer sheets, administer an assessment, and reflect on the data collected.
How can this tool help your classroom practices?
What are the benefits and challenges to using this tool in your classroom?
Faster turnaround on student feedback
Immediate feedback for instruction
Cuts grading time down significantly
Data syncs to cloud so that you can view on desktop
Create an item analysis
Can grade with/out Internet
Paid version not expensive!!!!
Kids can't erase ink
Reflection from light affects accuracy of scores
How to Use ZipGrade
1. Create an account at http://www.zipgrade.com or on app.
2. On app, add classes.
3. Add student names (STUDENTS --> ADD STUDENTS). Select the class you want them to be in.
4. On app, select QUIZ, then NEW QUIZ. Name your quiz.
5. Select EDIT KEY. Input the answers.
6. When you're ready to administer the quiz/assessment, go to the website and print out answer sheets.
7. Once students submit their answer sheet, open the app, and then select the quiz.
8. Now select SCAN PAPERS. Make sure the four boxes on the paper align with the four boxes on the screen. As soon as the lens focuses it will automatically take a snapshot and score the answer document.