What Is Taxonomy?
Taxonomy is the science of naming organisms and assigning them to groups.
kingdom : Bacteria because they are unicellular microorganisms
phylum : Proteobacteria which has an outter membrane made up of lipopolysaccharides.
Class : Gamma Proteobacteria they are anerobic g-bacterium
Order : Enterobacteriales they are rod shapped
Family : Enterobacteriaceae flagella that grows at 37 degrees Celsius, oxidase is negative, and catalase positive, it also reduces nitrates.
Genus : Escherichia, opportunistic flora, colonize in tract of mammals.
Species : Escherichia coli, which is the 5th species found under Genus Escherichia, e-colis uniqueness doesnt grow on nitrate and it doesnt produce h2s.
Interesting Facts About E-coli
1. E- coli was named after Theodor Escherich he was a german pediatrician who discovered it in 1855.
2. Not all E-coli can harm humans, some e-coli helps synthesize vitamin k & b.
3. In young children e-coli can cause hemolytic uremic syndrome which is a type of kidney failure.
4. E-coli was first recognized as a cause of illness in 1982, from bloody diarrhea that was found in undercooked hamburgers.
5. There is no treatment for e-coli, most medicine or antibiotics can make the virus worst.
6. Bacteria in bowel movements of people with e-coli can be passed from one person to another if hands are not washed often.
7. E-coli is often known as the most studied free living organism.
8. 700 serotypes of e-coli have been found