ZETA MU MU &
ALPHA DELTA SIGMA
Competition!!!! Money Prizes!!!
ZETA MU MU & ALPHA DELTA SIGMA Chapters of
OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
TALENT HUNT APPLICATION
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2015
Place: Commonwealth Auditorium in the Saddler Center at the College of William and Mary
City: Williamsburg, Virginia
Rehearsal Time: Wednesday, February 18, from 5-8 PM
Awards: 1st Place: $200
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50
Who may enter?
Participation in the Talent Hunt is open for all the following form of trained art:
- 1. Music Vocal and instrumental; classical, semi-classical, gospel and jazz. A Printed copy of the music (score) is required for judges to analyze.
- 2. Interpretive movement to music: Ballet, modern dance, and tap
- 3. Speech: Poetry, oration, monologue, etc.
- 4. Visual Art: Sculpture, Photography, drawing and painting
Basic rules for participation:
- 1. Contestants must be high school students (grades 9-12) at the time of the competition
- 2. All presentations including instrumental selections must be memorized
- 3. All presentations should reflect good taste.
- 4. No performance should exceed 5 minutes
- 5. Pre-recorded accompaniment cannot be used for musical presentations
- 6. The use of an accompanist who has worked closely or rehearsed with the contestant is highly recommended; however the chapter will work its hardest to provide an accompanist in the event that the student is unable to procure one.
- 7. For the participants recommended dress is formal
All faxed/electronic/or mailed applications must be completed and received no later February 16, 2015, for an electronic copy please contact the email address below.
P.O. Box 2563 Phone: 757-696-5179
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Omega Psi Phi Talent Hunt Application
Name of contestant______________________________________________________________
City/state/Zip code ______________________________________________________________
Telephone #:( ) - Age:_____________________________________________
High School____________________________________________ Classification ___________
Parents/Guardians of Contestant____________________________________________________
Performance: (circle one)
- a. Instrumental:______________________ d. Keyboard
- b. Vocal _______________________________ e. Drama/reading (describe)_________
- c. Dance _______________________________
- (Style of Dance)
Title of Presentation or title of Composition to be performed
(Title) (Composer, arranger, poet, etc)
Brief Biographical Statement. (Include awards, hobbies, affiliations, future plans, etc. Do not include information previously stated on the application. Do not add additional pages.)
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Parental Release and Consent Form
Talent Hunt Competition
Parental release and consent form (submitted by start of event)
Student’s name:____________________________________________________ Age:________
Email Address _________________________________________________________________
Parent or Legal guardian’s name:___________________________________________________
Contact phone numbers during event hours: Home___________________(Cell):_____________
Insurance Coverage by:___________________________________________________________
Photo and image Release:
I give the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. permission to Photograph, videotape or record my child and to use the photographs, videotape, film or recording in its print and electronic publications, video broadcast, radio broadcast or any other presentation of images. I agree that the photographs and videotapes, including negatives, slides and prints or any other presentation of the images, are property of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. I waive any right I may have inspect and/or approve the finished product in which the images may be used. By signing this form, I intend to release and discharge the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. from any and all claims that I may have and agree to hold harmless and defend the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. from liability arising from claims or litigation arising from its use of my child’s image, voice, or performance.
Waiver and Consent for Emergency Treatment:
I am aware that the activity for which I am registering my child involves limited events or fields trips that will be conducted as part of this activity. In consideration of the right to participate in this activity, I waive and release any and all rights and claims for damage I may have against the omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., its Board of Directors, District or local officials, members, employees and agents, for any and all injuries, if any, suffered by my child while participating in this activity. I give my consent to emergency treatment, including hospitalization as may be needed for the welfare of my child. (If you are under the age of 21, your parent/guardian must also sign this form)
Date:____________________________________ Student ____________________________________________
Print Parent/Guardian:_____________________________ (Sign Parent/Guardian__________________________