Kaeleigh Smithson period 5
Causes and effects of the desease
1) the causes of Chickenpox: Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus, a member of the herpesvirus family. The same virus also causes herpes zoster (shingles) in adults.
2) transmission: it can be spread through the air from a cough or sneeze, and it can also be spread by touch.
3) how contagious is the disease?... An infected person is contagious for the first two weeks of the illness. For most people though, if they get the chickenpox once, they will most likely never get it again due to the immune that the body builds up.
4) how virulent is it? It takes anywhere from 10-21 days for symptoms to show, this is called the incubation stage, because the virus is growing inside of your body.
- loss of appetite
- itchy rash
6) how is it diagnosed? The patient will be questioned by the doctor and will be asked about their symptoms.
7) the treatment: anesthetics for the itching, and in worse cases the Dr. will prescribe medicine
8) how successful is the treatment? in the U.S. the death rate is very low.