ECOSYSTEM PORTFOLIO
    (lake)     

Abiotic factors of a lake

                               WATER ,SUNLIGHT ,AIR, ROCKS ,TEMPERATURE

Biotic factors of an lake

                                      aquatic plants, insects, fish, bacteria, animals

carrying capasity

carrying capacity- the number or quantity of people or things that can be held in a ecosystem

  • In order for an ecosystem to survive it needs to FOOD,WATER,SHELTER.AND SPACE
  • In an ecosystem a fish population could increase because of there being a plentiful amount of plants to eat ,and the fish population could decrease because there might be an over populated amount of alagaters that would eat the fish.

limiting factors

LIMITING FACTORS: any factor or condition that limits the growth of a population in an ecosystem.

PREDATOR/PREY : if there was a major drought that killed all the fish than there would be fish for the fisher men to catch and eat.

EXAMPLES: Some limiting factors in a lake would be, Competition for food. ( other animals might take too much food and another animal might die from this.) - Weather/tempature. ( the weather might be really hot, and too much water could evaporate, witch would call for some fish, tadpoles to die.) drought .( the water could get low and all the fish could die

FISH LIMITING FACTOR: IN an lake ecosystem there might be a drought that cuses the water to get low, and then the fish might not have enough water to survive.

Energy roles

  • phytoplanton - producer                         -  receives energy from the sun    
  • dragonfly-consumer and herbivore      -receives energy from plantation
  • mayfly-consumer and herbivore            -receives energy from plantation
  • trout- consumer and omnivore              -receives energy from dragonfly & planton
  • frog-consumer and carnivore                 -receives energy from mayfly
  • salamander- consumer and carnivore    receives energy from mayfly
  • bald eagle-consumer and carnivore         -receives energy from trout
  • snake- consumer and carnivore               -receives energy from frog
  • human- consumer and omnivore             -receives energy from trout
  • the producer gets its energy from the sun and without the producer than all the consumers would have no energy source
  • producer: an organism, as a plant, that is able to prouduce  its own Food EXAMPLE:plants
  • HERBIVORE:  an orginism that eats only plants EXAMPLE: MAYFLY
  • OMNIVORES: an orginism that eats plants ans animals example:humans
  • carnivores: an orginism that only eats meat example: bald eagle
  • DECOMPOSER: an organism that breaks down minerals and decomposes them EXAMPLES: fungi
  • Scavenger : a scavenger eats dead plants and animals that are in three ecosystem

FOOD CHAINS & FOOD WEBS

- food webs are more realistic than food chains for an ecosystem because on food chains the consumers just have one energy source and in real life a consumer has multiple energy sources

if you were to remove the frog from the food wed than the snake population would decrease because it would only have one energy source instead of 2.

tropic levels

- the energy pyramid is shaped like it is because the amount of energy decreases as it goes up the pyramid,if the shape were a cylinder then you would not be able to tell the difference in the amount of energy

producers are in the largest level (base) because they have the largest amount of energy and top predators are in the smallest level, because they have the smallest amount of energy . this represents how energy gets passed down from organisms and they get 10%of the energy and the other 90% gets lost in heat.

Comment Stream