- Copernicus changed our understanding of astronomy and proposed that the sun was in the center of the solar system not the earth.
- The reason for having seasons is because it was the key to our survival back in the ancient times.
- The Northern hemisphere is pointed away from the sun but the southern hemisphere has summer when we have winter. And since the northern hemisphere is pointed away we get less dense solar radiation for shorter periods of time.
- The moon is to far from the earth for its disk to completely hide from the sun.
- We have day and night because the Earth rotates and while doing this it changes to day and night.
Equinox: The time when the sun crosses the plane of the earth's equator,making night and day of approximately equal length all over the earth.
Solstice: Either of the two times a year when the sun is at its greatest distance from the celestial equator.