- The Nazis were after Anne's sister Margo. She had been summoned to report to a camp. When family were already planning on going into hiding, but when they received the letter the decided to go into hiding earlier than expected. The family became taking things to the Annex behind Otto Frank's factory, in preparation for the hide. Otto's Franks secretary along with others who the Franks trusted agreed to help them while in hiding. Somebody betrayed them and till this day no body will ever know.
- THE “DIARY” ANNE RECEIVED FOR HER 13TH BIRTHDAY WAS ACTUALLY AN AUTOGRAPH BOOK.
- ANNE WROTE MOST OF HER DIARY IN THE FORM OF LETTERS TO A PERSON NAMED “KITTY.”
- ANNE AND HER FAMILY WERE FOUND WHEN THEY WERE BETRAYED BY SOMEONE—ANONYMOUS TO THIS DAY—WHO KNEW WHERE THEY WERE HIDING.
- ANNE DIED IN BERGEN-BELSEN CONCENTRATION CAMP, BUT NOT IN THE GAS CHAMBERS.
- OF THE EIGHT PEOPLE WHO HAD BEEN HIDING IN THE SECRET ANNEX—ANNE, HER SISTER, HER PARENTS, THE VAN PELS FAMILY, AND A MAN NAMED FRITZ PFEFFER—ONLY ONE SURVIVED.
- OTTO FRANK WAS GIVEN ANNE’S DIARY BY MIEP GIES, ONE OF THE DUTCH CITIZENS WHO HELPED HIDE THE FRANKS.
- HAD MIEP GIES LOOKED AT THE CONTENTS OF THE DIARY, WE NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO READ ANNE’S INNERMOST THOUGHTS.
- THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL IS OFTEN ON THE CONTROVERSIAL BOOKS LIST, BUT NOT FOR REASONS YOU MIGHT THINK.
- AND THAT’S NOT EVEN THE DUMBEST REASON PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO HAVE THE BOOK BANNED FROM SCHOOLS.
- SOME PEOPLE—MOSTLY HOLOCAUST DENIERS—BELIEVE THAT ANNE FRANK’S DIARY IS A FORGERY.
Short Biography of Anne Frank
Date of Birth: Born on June 12, 1929
Place of Birth : Frankfurt am Main
Parents: Father - Otto Frank
Mother: Edith HollÃ¤nder 1929The Anne Frank timeline starts on June 12, 1929 when Annelies Marie "Anne" Frank is born in Frankfurt am Main, Germany to Otto Frank and Edith HollÃ¤nder. Margot Frank (1926â€“1945) was older her sister 1933January 30: Adolf Hitler becomes Chancellor of Germany and the first anti-Jewish laws are established
March 12: The First Concentration Camp opened at Oranienburg outside Berlin.
April : Nazi Boycott of Jewish owned shops.
June: Nazis open Dachau concentration camp
Otto and Edith Frank realise that they need to leave Germany and make plans to go to Holland. Edith and the children first go to to Aachen, Germany where they stay with Edith's mother, Rosa HollÃ¤nder
Otto and Edith Frank receives an offer to work in Amsterdam 1934January: Otto Frank begins working at the Opekta Worksand finds an apartment on the Merwedeplein (Merwede Square) in Amsterdam
February: Edith, Margot and Anne leave Germany and join Otto in Amsterdam
February: Anne Frank enrols in a Montessori school in Amsterdam.
August 19: Adolf Hitler becomes Fuhrer of Germany. 1935September 15: Germany passes the Nuremburg Race Laws that deprive German Jews of their citizenship, their businesses, and their right to education 1936March 7: German troops occupy the Rhineland 1938July: The United States and 32 other countries meet to discuss the growing Jewish refugee crisis but no country offers to take in Jewish refugees
November 9/10: Kristallnacht- The Night of Broken Glass when German citizens loot and burn 7000 Jewish businesses, homes, and synagogues. 30,000 Jews are arrested and sent to concentration camps
Otto Frank starts a second company in partnership with Hermann van Pels, a Jewish butcher, who had also fled from Germany with his family 1939September 1: Germany invades Poland
September 3: Britain, France, Austria and New Zealand declare War on Germany starting World War 2
Edith Frank's mother, Rosa HollÃ¤nder, came to live with the Franks 1940May 10: The Germans invade and occupy the Netherlands
The Germans ordered that Jewish children could attend only Jewish schools so Anne Frank and her sister were enrolled at the Jewish Lyceum 1941January 8: Dutch Jews are forbidden access to movie theaters or use public transport preventing Anne Frank from enjoying her favorite pastime
April 1941: All Dutch Jews are forced to wear yellow stars.
December: The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor and war is declared on the US.
her mom her dad Margo and the neighbors
That Anne frank was a special girl was one of the best hiders and somebody told on her and her family.