- When a person can't afford a house, clothing, and food they beg for some food.Has no friends or family to depend on for resources that can make them survive cold weather.
39% of the homeless population is young people.1-7 young people will run away.About 75% of teens use drugs or alcohol.The are 7 million teens are homelessness in the United States.5,000 young people die every year.
A United States department of Health Services study found 46% of homeless youth have found a home.
- Over 50% of young people in shelters and on the streets report their parents told them to leave and the parents and knew they were leaving.
- Teens sometimes want to be alone from their parents.
How does this happen?
- This can happen because of a divorce, employment, long term illness,and domestic violence.Divorce is one of the most common one because a lot of people get divorced and end up on the streets.Employment is the second reason because people get fired and don't have jobs and then they have trouble getting another job because that goes on the employment record for the people that got fired and they end up on the streets.
What causes Homelessness?
- As many as 3.5 million Americans are homeless each year. Of these, more than 1 million are children and on any given night, more than 300,000 children are homeless.For those living in poverty or close to the poverty line, an "everyday" life issue that may be manageable for individuals with a higher income can be the final factor in placing them on the street. A broken down vehicle, a lack of vehicle insurance, or even unpaid tickets might be just enough to render someone homeless.
What are some symptoms?
- When you feel like you are being abused you kind of want to run away but you can't so you sneak out when your parents are sleeping. Then when the police find you, then you tell them whats going on at your house you go to foster care.when you get a family member and they are younger than you your parents don't pay attention to you and you feel neglected and you can wind up on the streets.
Who tries to help with homelessness? What do they do to help?
- Homeless shelters try to help homeless people try to find them a good home and they are in a good environment until they find a kind of job they can pay for their houses and hopefully start a family. If they don't try they can't succeed to get out of the shelter so they won't half to waste there time looking at the place they will be in until they find a home to live in.
Why is it important for people to know about my topic?
- Because everyone needs a home, for safety and comfort reasons. Its an important issue Because many people are homeless right now. Where is live there is always people in the streets and you can tell they are homeless. Its not just old people, its teenagers too.Many people need homes for other reasons a lot of people can end up committing suicide.
Why are people so cruel to homeless people?
Jenny's parents left her when she was a baby she lived on the streets with her aunt because her aunt didn't have a home to live in. When she was 6 her aunt disappeared from were they were staying at and she didn't have any friends until thus trouble maker little boy came and he said "do you want to steel food" and she said "sure" because she was sick and her aunt left her and she doesn't know the difference between right and wrong and so she went along with it she got arrested. she got out of jail and she now lives with her uncle that lives in a big mansion she hasn't got into trouble sense she got arrested the officer said "it would not go on her record". And she does't know what happened to the boy and she is trying to figure it out.