Tools of the Trade
Rafael A. P.6
Edmodo provides a safe and easy way for a class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices. The features that this tool has is that you can easily and quickly create groups, assign homework, schedule quizzes, manage progress, and more. The benefits of this tool is that you don't have to carry a ton of work and its in the "cloud".
Remind provides a safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents. The features that this tool has is you can instantly message every student and parent in your class. They receive it as a text message or an email. The benefit for this tool is that you will never forget a homework or task thats due.
Easel.ly is a website that features thousands of free infographic templates and design objects which users can customize to create and share their visual ideas online. The features this website has are 15 pre-designed theme templates,ability to upload own graphics,lots of objects and shapes to choose from,plenty of customisation options,can be white labelled.The benifits that this tool has is that you can make your prestation better. You make it look better.
Tackk is a free service that you can use to quickly create simple webpages. Using Tackk you can create a page to announce an important event, to advertise an event, or to show off your best digital works. Tackk is an easy option for beautiful presentations, and allows you to embed text, photos, videos, audio, maps, links, buttons, forms and buy options. It's also a great place to gain exposure for presentations. The benifits for this tool is that you can make your classroom more intersting.
The IB Design Cycle
The IB design cycle is a tool used by International Baccalaureate students to help them create and evaluate solutions in response to challenges. You can use this tool to solve problems you have. The benefits for this tool is that it will be easy for you to solve a problem that you have.
1.Explain and justify the need for a solution to a problem for a specified client/target audience.
2. Identify and prioritize the primary and secondary research needed to develop a solution to the problem.
3. Analyse a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem.
4. Develop a detailed design brief which summarizes the analysis of relevant research.
1. Develop a design specification which clearly states the success criteria for the design of a solution.
2. Develop a range of feasible design ideas which can be correctly interpreted by others.
3. Present the final chosen design and justify its selection.
4. Develop accurate and detailed planning drawings/diagrams and outline the requirements for the creation of the chosen solution
Creating a Solution
1. Construct a logical plan, which describes the efficient use of time and resources,sufficient for peers to be able to follow to create the solution.
2. Demonstrate excellent technical skills when making the solution.
3. Follow the plan to create the solution, which functions as intended.
4. Fully justify changes made to the chosen design and plan when making the solution.
5. Present the solution as a whole,either a in electronic form, or through photographs of the solution from different angles, showing details.
1. Design detailed and relevant testing methods, which generate data, to measure the success of the solution.
2. Critically evaluate the success of the solution against the design specification.
3. Explain how the solution could be improved.
4. Explain the impact of the solution on the client/target audience