Advanced Personalized Learning
By: Hailee Hubley & Allison Parker
Armstrong, Thomas. Multiple Intelligences In The Classroom. 2nd. Alexandria, Virginia USA: Association For Supervison And Curriculum Development, 2000. 1-154. Print.
What are the 8 ways of learning & how do they work?
- Linguistic intelligence ("word smart")
- Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
- Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
- Musical intelligence ("music smart")
- Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
- Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
- Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")
Studies show that most people are most people learn best through a combination of the three types of learning styles ( auditory, visual & kinesthetic ) , but everybody has a different way.
Examples of the 8 ways of learning in a classroom promoted by a teacher in their strategies would be...
- Linguistic intelligence: Story Telling
- Logical-mathematical intelligence: Calculations & Quantification's
- Spatial intelligence: Idea Sketching, Visualization, etc.
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence: Hands-on Thinking
- Musical intelligence: Rhythm, Song, Raps & chants.
- Interpersonal intelligence: Peer Sharing (Working with others.)
- Intrapersonal intelligence: Working alone & 1 minute reflection periods.
- Naturalist intelligence: Nature Walks, Plants, Pets in a classroom, etc.
What will a person be if they are...
- Linguistic intelligence: Writer & Public speaker
- Logical-mathematical intelligence: Scientist & Mathematician
- Spatial intelligence: Artist & Architect
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence: Athlete-dancer & Sculptor
- Musical intelligence: Composer & Performer
- Interpersonal intelligence: Counselor & Political leader
- Intrapersonal intelligence: Psychotherapist & Religious Leader
- Naturalist intelligence: Naturalist & Biologist & Animal Activist