FLEP Show and Share
Goals of FLEP:
From the National Standards for Foreign Language Education
- Communicate in Languages Other Than English
- Gain Knowledge and Understanding of Other Cultures
- Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
- Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and Culture
- Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home and Around the World
All students will grow one grade level or more during the course of the school year academically.
Provide rich science experiences and targeted instruction in Spanish and scaffold with the English language when necessary.
Start with scaffolding Spanish language visually (visual literacy) and auditorily with supported by the knowledge of the language acquisition process.
Primary focus is growing students academically-FLEP is enrichment-Creek offers 3 layers of 2nd language learning.