- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, diced
Preheat the broiler.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat olive oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and saute until crisp and tender, about two minutes.
Raise the heat to high. Add tomato and a pinch of salt; saute for 2 minutes.
Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a couple of minutes, until the eggs start to set. Sprinkle with cheese.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.