Anton Bruckner was an Austrian Composer who was known for his interesting music. He was born on September 4, 1824 in Ansfelden, Austria. He composed symphonies, masses and motets throughout the mid 1800. He died on October 11, 1896 in Vienna, Austria at the age of 71.
Buckner composed 50 to 60 pieces in his lifetime. A lot of his pieces consisted of church music. 4 of his pieces were Requiem, Helgoland, Virga Jesse and Te Deum. He also composed about 11 symphonies.
The video above shows Anton Bruckner's first major composition, Ave Maria.
Here are some other facts about Anton Bruckner:
- He was always a kind and good-natured man
- He was a devout Christian
- He kept his hair very short
- He never married or had kids
- He favored redoing his compositions and making many variants of one piece