Gender Equitable Strategies in STEM
SciGirls Training for Teachers
SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Local educators are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on Professional Development Training hosted by Twin Cities Environmental Education Consulting.
Participants attending this workshop will:
• Learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
• Experience hands-on STEM activities
• Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
• Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
• Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.