Kaitlyn Valenza & Jocelyn Wright, North, 4/23/14
In Belgium they have the following dining rules:
* All of the dishes get passed to the left.
* The fork goes in the left hand and the knife goes in the right hand.
* If there is no bread plate place the bread to the left side rim of the main plate.
* It is not necessary to tip the server.
* The male guest of honor sits to the right of the hostess.
* The female guest of honor sits to the right of the host.
Something we found surprising was, it was not necessary to tip the server. We also found surprising that everyone passes their dishes to the left.
The people in Belgium differ from the people in the United States because they have to hold their forks in their left hand and their knifes in their right hand.
It is important to know the etiquette rules of a place before going there, so you can respect their traditions and so you don't disrespect them.