Motivation is a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.
MOTIVATION IN A WORK PLACE...........
- Trustworthy Leadership - Leaders that have your back and that are looking out for your best interests will win the trust of their employees who in turn will be more motivated to achieve.
- Stable Future - People are motivated to have safety and security. Everyone wants a stable future, but you never know when time will pass you by.
- Self-Indulgence - This factor is quite interesting and extremely important to put into proper perspective. People are motivated for selfish reasons to achieve albeit money, attention, fame, etc.
- Happiness - In the end, happiness is one of the greatest motivations to achieve. Happiness fuels ones self-esteem and gives people hope for a better tomorrow.
- Impact - As employees reflect on their lives and careers they want to contribute in ways that measure their achievements based upon the long-term benefits that the company they serve bears.
Job Enlargement - Job enlargement means increasing the scope of a job through extending the range of its job duties and responsibilities generally within the same level and periphery. Job enlargement involves combining various activities at the same level in the organization and adding them to the existing job.
Job Empowerment - According to Thomas A Potterfield, many organizational theorists and practitioners regard employee empowerment as one of the most important and popular management concepts of our time.
Job Rotation - is a management technique that assigns trainees to various structures and departments over a period of a few years. Surveys show that an increasing number of companies are using job rotation to train employees (see Coyne 2011 below).
Job Enrichment - is a management concept that involves redesigning jobs so that they are more challenging to the employee and have less repetitive work. The concept is based on a 1968 Harvard Business Review article by psychologist Frederick Herzberg titled 'One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?'
Teamwork the combined action of a group, especially when effective and efficient.