by: Madisyn Carmichael
* The Monarchs were at the very top of the feudal society.
* all the land in the kingdom belonged to the Monarch.
* all the Monarchs believed that god gave them the power to rule.
* It was the Monarch's responsibility to manage & defend his land and the people who worked in it.
* The Monarchs also acted as judges in manor courts and had the power to fine and punish those who broke the law.
* the great lords grew very powerful and governed their feifs as independent states.
* The power given to the Monarchs varied greatly.
* The English Monarchs became very strong and the vikings invaded and settled there.