What is Telemedicine? the remote diagnosis and treatment of patients by means of telecommunications technology.
Advantages and disadvantages of Telemedicine.
-good for people living in isolated areas
- is very good for communication
- you can monitor a patient from home
- no waiting room time
- more private
- Telemedicine system is very expensive
- might be hard getting connection in some areas
- will not go to see your doctor or health provider as much
Telemedicine being used:
- The doctor is telling the girl what is wrong with her ear and he has a picture of what her ear looks like from the inside of her ear.
Example of Telemedicine being used:
- The doctor is using Telemedicine to know exactly where to cut and where to do surgery on the patient so that they will not do anything wrong while doing this procedure.