Driftwood Wall Hanger
- Piece of driftwood or a branch
- Masking tape
- Paints & paintbrushes
- Picture hangers
- Screw-in hooks
1. Start with clean, dry wood and use tape to mask off stripes. Make sure to flatten the edges of the tape thoroughly so that no paint seeps underneath. Paint your first stripes and let them dry. (I found that mine dried well standing up in an empty glass).
2. Let the paint thoroughly dry and carefully remove the tape. Repeat the taping and painting process with varying colors and widths of stripes until you're happy with the result.
3. After all the stripes are dry, find the side of your wood that is the most flat, in order to lie against a wall. On this side, hammer in one or two picture hangers, depending on the length of wood and the weight of the objects that you'd like to hang it on.
4. Decide where you'd like your hooks and screw them into the wood, using pliers of necessary.
5. Now put it on your wall and hang