CCISD Grading Policy Reminders
for NPE Teachers
Clear Creek ISD Revised July 2014
Feedback on assignments:
Should be graded and returned weekly (can be returned in Tuesday folders)
Daily work and quizzes should be returned within two to four scheduled class days. All tests will be reviewed in class or copy of the test shall be returned to the students. District-Developed assessments (benchmarks) will be reviewed in class, but shall not be returned. Parents may request a review of the assessment. Major projects and assessments with written compositions should be reviewed and returned on a timely basis (within one week if feasible). This will allow the student to identify any areas of weakness and arrange for tutorials or extra study sessions.
Teachers must offer at least 2 tutorial sessions per week for the purpose of providing assistance to students. This includes students who are not mastering the state-mandated TEKS.
The teacher will keep a log of students attending tutorials.
Benchmark scores will be recorded as a daily grade at elementary level.
Not to Exceed...
Kindergarten - 15 Minutes
Grade 1 - 20 Minutes
Grade 2 - 20 Minutes
Grade 3 - 30 Minutes
Grade 4 - 40 Minutes
Grade 5 - 40 Minutes
Grades K-1: Homework Guidelines
1. Homework should be a review or reinforcement of skills already covered in the classroom. It should not be new information for the student.
2. Each student is expected to read, or be read to, 15 minutes each school night in addition to assigned homework.
3. Homework is not counted as a class grade.
Grades 2-5 : Homework Guidelines
1. Grades reported as homework grades are constituted of work assigned to be completed at home.
2. Homework should be a review or reinforcement of skills already covered in the classroom. It should not be new information for the student.
3. Students are expected to complete all homework assignments.
4. Each student is expected to read, or be read to, at least 20 minutes each school night in addition to assigned homework.
5. The total homework should never exceed one hour.
6. If two or more teachers are working with a student, the homework should be coordinated to adhere to the one-hour time frame limit.