Bullying..It's not okay.
Thesis statement: Bullying is a worldwide problem that needs to be solved.
- Due to technology, bullying has grown even more. It is also known as "Cyberbullying".
- Although Verbal Bullying is most common, Social and Physical Bullying happens as well. For example: Leaving someone out on purpose, teasing, pushing, and spreading rumors about someone.
- 1 out of every 4 teens are bullied. Which makes more young adults even more fearful of the world than they should be.
- During 2013, nationwide, at least 20% of the students in 9-12 grade has experienced Bullying.
WHY IT IS A PROBLEM:
- Bullying has caused suicide to happen more commonly than before. It made people feel like they had no reason to live on this world anymore. It made them feel so out of place they had to die.
- Bullying has also caused more people to fall into depression. Which is a common mental illness that many people in this world suffer from. It's an illness where you don't have the motivation to do things you would normally do. Where you always have a persistent feeling of sadness and you can't control it.
- Bullying makes so many people turn into things they just don't want to be. It makes you feel alone, helpless, No one likes to feel that way. For one, it doesn't solve the problem, it makes it worse. Second, it just brings you down mentally and emotionally.
HOW TO SOLVE IT:
- Find a local counselor to help talk about your situation.
- Contact: Teachers, Counselor, Principal, Or Super intendent and tell them about the bullying situation that's been going on.
- If someone is feeling hopeless, helpless, thinking of suicide, Contact suicide prevention hotline or online at 1-800-273-TALK (1255). This provides a 24-hour crisis counseling & mental health referrals.
- If someone is committing a crime or someone is harmed you should call 9-1-1 before it gets out of hand or it becomes too late.